miércoles, 13 de junio de 2018

environmentalism

For the majority, the main topic this year has been feminism. In my case, I declare myself as feminist since I knew what it means (I don’t remember when it was, but I think I was around twelve years old). So feminism is not a new topic for me and I already wrote about related topics: abortion and stereotypes.
So that's why I'm going to write about my second main topic for this year: "environmentalism".
Environmentalism, animalism and having an eco-friendly lifestyle are becoming more and more important for me.
Vermicomposter
It is clear that climate change is happening. We all can see the melting of the polar ice and the deforestation. It is more common to see new animals in danger of extinction (the last ones in danger are giraffes). 
I wanted to be part of the "solution", so I started being vegetarian two years ago. Then I make a vermicomposter for reduce organic waste (it is a serie of boxes where earthworm eats organic waste and produces a nutritional planting soil named hummus) and started to recycle part of my garbage. Today, I’m trying to reduce the amount of garbage that I produce; I'm using reusable bags and reusable bottles. I’m avoiding straws and plastic cup covers. Also, I’m trying to shop less, in general.

In other words, I’m trying to live according the three R's rule: reduce, reuse, and recycle.

























My last project is being volunteer in the rehabilitation center for wildlife (CRSF). If you are interested, you may visit the webpage:  http://www.codeff.cl/crfs-codeff/




3 comentarios:

  1. I love!!! my post is about recycling because I also care about the environment but I am still not vegetarian: c

    ResponderBorrar
  2. I did not know this system, I find it very interesting! reduce our damage to the environment is completely necessary

    ResponderBorrar
  3. I love this!!! For me, nature is very important too, and I'm also trying to live according the three R's rule. I believe that a little change in our habits can make a big difference in the enviroment and our lifes!

    ResponderBorrar