miércoles, 30 de mayo de 2018

Gender roles and stereotypes.


Nowadays, a new feminist movement is happening in our country .It is questioning our social relations, including the educational model and our laws. In this context, is easy to empathise: Women have the same value and potencial than a men and all genders deserve same treatment.
But, we are so used to live in a macho way. Little actions and actitudes perpetuate the steriotypes and slow down the change into an equal society. For example: when I go to a restorant, the bill is ussualy given to the male in the table. When I go with my boyfriend to a hardware store, the seller offers help to him , ignoring me. When I say that I don't want to have children, people had said to me "you will change your mind" or "but it is the most beutiful thing in life". I can keep  showing more examples of how  deep the macho actitudes are placed in our daily behaviour,  but the importat thing is became aware of that. We must re-think our way of living and interact with other. Always questioning "I'm doing this/that because I'm female/male or because I want to? " , before criticize how a woman looks (I say woman because we don't used to criticize males so often) we have to think "Why I'm judging her look if that doesn't change the who she is?etc.

For everyone is difficult to recognize our own prejudices. I will leave you some questions to think. What do you think when you see a stunning woman working in a high standard work? When someone is a bad driver, do you assume that is a woman? What do you think when a woman speaks freely about sex?  If you have children, would you leave them with a male nursery school techer? What do you think about cases of working women and hosekeeping men?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYRg2DPj-FM

3 comentarios:

  1. We have the responsibility as young people aware of starting the change

    ResponderBorrar
  2. I agree with you, and it is really violent to think about how we have become accustomed to this, we must change this mentality!
    Thanks for the link!!!!

    ResponderBorrar
  3. Thanks for the questions, makes us aware about our own prejudices.

    ResponderBorrar